I’m excited to announce that I’ve started writing at a new blog: Money Crashers. My first post features an interview with Jim DeBetta whom I met at Ali Brown’s recent Shine conference. I talked to Jim about how to get your products featured on HSN or QVC.
According to the site, Money Crashers “strives to educate individuals in making wise choices about credit and debt, investing, education, real estate, insurance, spending, and more.” I love the 11 indispensable principles of Money Crashers:
- Always spend less than you make.
- Do not believe in money myths.
- Get out of debt and stay out of debt.
- Save money for the unexpected.
- Student loans are not the only answer. Be resourceful and open-minded.
- Find creative ways to boost your income.
- Invest for the long-term and keep it simple.
- Educate yourself about real estate, cars, and financial products.
- Avoid scams and financial predators.
- If you have a spouse or partner, treat this person as a teammate!
- If you achieve financial success, give back. It helps others and feels great.
There will be more posts to come so keep an eye out for my work at Money Crashers. And I would be very grateful if you took the time to leave me a comment there!